Thomas S. John, Ph.D., is an intellectual-property attorney who helps high-tech companies build and manage robust patent portfolios.
Thomas entered the patent profession in 2011 and focuses his practice on patent preparation, patent prosecution, and strategic client counseling.
His goals of delivering an impeccable work product, engaging collaboratively with clients, and applying his strong understanding of effective prosecution strategies to every engagement have enabled his clients to achieve their intellectual property and business goals effectively and cost-efficiently.
Thomas is technically agile and is proficient in a variety of technologies, including:
- Medical imaging (e.g., MRI, fMRI, CT)
- Statistical signal processing
- Semiconductor device manufacturing and processing
- Digital and analog circuits and devices
- Communications technologies (e.g., radar, optical, RF)
- Data storage
Thomas earned his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University, where he was a graduate student in its Magnetic Resonance Systems Research Lab. His doctoral research focused on estimating and eliminating physiologically-induced signal fluctuations from 3D neurological functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) data.
Through his research, Thomas developed expertise in MR pulse sequence programming, MR data acquisition, MR image processing, and statistical signal processing.
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., cum laude
- Stanford University, Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
- National University of Singapore, M.Eng. (First Class Honors), Electrical Engineering
- National University of Singapore, B.Eng. (First Class Honors), Electrical Engineering
Thomas is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (2015) and in the State of Texas (2019).
Back to Team Page